Qualification: PhD in quantum information science, or quantum chemistry or physics or mathematics
7+ years of relevant industrial R&D work or academia experience.
- English fluency
- Deep technical and scientific expertise, ability to persuade and desire to work in a project-based environment.
- Proven track record of publications in first-tier peer-reviewed research.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage projects and teams.
Keywords: Quantum Information Science, Quantum Computing, Quantum Chemistry, Quantum Physics, Drug Discovery, Quantum Simulation
Qubit Pharmaceuticals is a brand-new international company, spun off from CNAM, CNRS, University of Texas at Austin, Sorbonne University and Washington University, and based in Paris. Qubit Pharmaceuticals builds upon more than 20 years of R&D awarded by the most prestigious prizes.
Qubit Pharmaceuticals is supported by Quantonation, a leading investment fund in quantum technologies in its mission to revolutionize the way drugs are developed and provide safer and more efficient drugs faster.
Qubit Pharmaceuticals is laureate of the EIT health headstart program and incubated at Paris Biotech Santé.
Qubit Pharmaceuticals works alongside biopharmas to transform the way drugs are developed by moving from approximation to prediction. Its platform allows the calculation of absolute free binding energy of molecules with the highest accuracy. Thanks to HPC and cloud accelerations, Qubit Pharmaceuticals can perform calculations up to a million times faster than before, allowing to find highly valuables compounds in large libraries with better chances of success than previous methods.
As a Senior Quantum Computing scientist at Qubit Pharmaceuticals, you will help to accelerate the quantum chemistry algorithmic efforts at Qubit Pharmaceuticals. Working closely with the CSO and the drug discovery, computational chemistry, HPC & AI & software teams you will also be in charge of identifying drug discovery use cases who would benefit from quantum computers & benchmark them on real QPUs in order to demonstrate quantum advantage or quantum supremacy.
What you’ll be doing
- You will be focusing on applying state-of-the-art QC methods and developing new methods to solve practical & challenging problems in drug discovery.
- You will establish and lead partnerships with third party companies & research centers under the supervision of our CSO.
- You will work closely with the CSO to establish the roadmap and deliver it.
- You will maintain an active technological watch
- You will be in charge of training the team
- You will also be the interface with all Quantum Hardware & software partners.
- Your mission will be to oversee the development of novel quantum computing techniques and algorithms for the investigation of drug discovery processes that show unfavorable scaling on classical computers.
- You will be in charge of building and testing prototypes and software libraries.
- You will report research findings through patent applications, publishing peer-reviewed articles and presentations at research conferences.
- You will manage a team and recruit future team members when needed.
- You will benefit from the largest lifescience supercomputing cluster in France (+200 GPU including 7 DGXA100) to emulate quantum computers and access to the different QC resources both gate based & analog computing.
Skills and experiences we are looking for
We are looking for talented individuals with a passion for the latest quantum technologies that can bring new ideas to problem solving and desire to apply them to design better drugs, faster.
- Expertise and hands-on experience with state-of-the-art quantum computing algorithms & hardware & computational chemistry or physics,
- Proven experience on implementing, benchmarking & running algorithms on quantum computers and emulators (Qiskit, Qoda, myQLM, Pulser, Braket, etc.)
- Self-motivated, proven collaborators, good communicators, attentive to details, and eager to learn.
Soft Skills and Noble Thought
Our team members are self-motivated, flexible, and always learning professionals who can thrive only when surrounded by like-minded people.
POSITION involves stakeholder discussions, awareness about business goals, assessment and identification of improvement areas, all driven by collaboration.
Loyalty & managed ego: You are deeply loyal and are constantly looking for ways to offer support. Also, you do not hesitate to state what you do not know and ask for help and have no shame in that.
Proactiveness : You will need the proactiveness and passion towards work, which directly reflects in performance and productivity. Moreover, staying updated with relevant technologies, new tools, and more are part of your process. You always aim for excellence and work hard to achieve it.
Driven to achieve results with a strategic mindset: You are tenacious in the face of adversity and carry a can-do attitude. You are a master organizer and project planner; you consistently look ahead and anticipate needs before they arise. You have a sharp mind and you have a great judgment for what’s important. You think fast and execute quickly, but you always think before acting about the consequences of your decisions.
Natural problem solver: You are analytical and structured in your thinking. You create order out of chaos by identifying systems and processes that need tightening. You deeply understand team and business operations and easily synthesize information to develop a recommended plan of action.
Caring and sharing attitude: you actively listen to understand what drives or concerns the team and gather input before acting. Once in action, you are able to communicate what to achieve and why, but also how to achieve it. You do not hesitate to share key learnings with your colleagues in order to help them perform better.
Duration: Full time – Permanent
Benefits: Health insurance, Retirement plan, Meal vouchers
Primary location : Paris, France